Branch is the virtual workplace where remote teams can feel more connected with each other by moving around a virtual office to spontaneously talk with teammates. It's a great way for your team to signal availability and nurture serendipity in the workplace.
Opening branch at the start of your day helps separate work from home. Think of it as your office commute. When you join, all your coworkers see you arrive as you make your way to your desk, or perhaps to the coffee maker.
Branch works best when you encourage your entire team to login each morning when they start their work day and stay in branch until they're done with work. That way, team members can move around and talk to each other throughout the day as needed, or sit quietly and be accessible just in case.
The beauty of branch is in serendipity, but you can also try using branch to:
- Hold your team's daily standup meeting
- Enjoy "Coffee" breaks with a coworker
- Have 1-on-1 meetings with your manager or teammate
- Hold company all-hands meetings
- Interview and onboard employees
- Meet new people across the company
- Collaborate across multiple teams
- Talk before and after meetings
- Easily hold breakout conversations
- Spontaneously bump into people
- See what other people are doing
- See who is available and who is busy
- Overhear nearby conversations
- Have real water cooler conversations
- Use as a social hub for happy hours
- Have group lunches and meetups
... and infinitely more possibilities!