Roles and permissions in branch can be set for each individual in branch. Permissions can be set to control access by role for every feature in branch, including:
- Builder Mode: placing items, repositioning items, and deleting items
- Doors: opening and closing doors, knocking on doors, locking doors
- Chat: voice chat (listening, speaking), text chat
- Sharing: screenshare, video
- Currency: send and receive acorns
- Moderation: mute and unmute, ban and unban, kick, and rename other users
- Manage: roles and integrations
- Invites: create, update, and delete invite links
- User status and Display name
To set up and assign roles & permissions in branch:
1. Navigate to branch settings by clicking on the settings icon at the top left-hand corner of your screen when logged into branch.
2. In Settings, scroll down to Mange > Roles & Permissions.
3. By default, you'll have one role titled "everyone." This role will automatically be assigned to everyone who has access to your branch. You can revise the permissions for this role by using the toggle button to turn permissions on and off for each feature in branch:
In the example above, everyone can use Builder Mode to place and reposition items, but they cannot delete or sell items throughout your branch space.
4. To create a new role, click on "Create New Role" at the left side of your permissions interface.
Once the new role is created, re-name the new role under 'Role Name' and click "Save." Then, revise permissions for this new role.
5. Assign roles to each member on the team by clicking on an individual's name from the navigation bar. Then, under 'Add Role' use the drop-down menu to select the role you wish to assign and click "Add Role."